Memories are Golden



They say memories are golden, well that may be true;


I never wanted me worries, I only wanted you.


A million times I needed you, a million times I have cried;


If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.


In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still;


In my heart you hold a place, no one could ever fill.


But now I know you want me to mourn for you no more,


To remember the happy times, life still has much in store.


Since you'll never be forgotten, I pledge to you today;


A hallowed place within my heart, is where you'll always stay.


If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane;


I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.


Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same;


Till our time has come, the chain will link again.






Anon

up